Supply Chain Management
The Supply Chain Management Department is responsible for optimising and efficiently managing Broadband Infraco’s procurement. The Department acts as the key link between its internal customers and external suppliers who supply products, services, material and equipment.
It is also responsible for the sourcing of Broadband Infraco’s operational and capital needs, as well as services requirements with requisite safeguards to contain all possible risks and promote the Company’s interests, as well as ensuring compliance with all relevant legislative requirements.
The main objectives as set out in the Act are to expand the availability and affordability of access to electronic communications;
Our strategic focus seeks to:
- Increase the number of black people that manage, own and control enterprises and productive assets;
- Facilitate ownership and management of enterprises and productive assets by communities, workers, co¬operatives and other collective enterprises;
- Increase Black Women and Youth participation in the industry
- Increase skills development within the Information and Communication Technology sector;
- Achieve equitable representation in all occupational categories and levels in the workforce;
- Preferential procurement and investment in enterprises that are owned or managed by black people.